The Workplace Sustainability Fund awards UBC Sustainability Coordinators with up to $1,000 to support sustainability initiatives in their units.
Apply to the Fund
The next funding cycle will be announced in 2018.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the fund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Fund
The fund was launched in September 2009 as a funding initiative for the UBC Sustainability Coordinator Program. Funds are available annually for SCs to pursue sustainability projects addressing at least one of the following focus areas:
- Energy Conservation and Efficiency
- Zero Waste
- Water Conservation
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Sustainable Transportation
Funds awarded to date have supported various projects, including:
- A sustainability training program for UBC Supply Management employees
- Recycling and composting education initiatives at the UBC School of Population and Public Health
- A bottled-water-free events campaign at the Liu Institute for Global Issues
- Styrofoam reduction and recycling pilot programs at the Brain Research Centre and the Life Sciences Institute, which led to the launch of a campus-wide Styrofoam reduction and recycling program
- A composting program at UBC Robson Square
- An LED lighting retrofit project at the UBC Department of Psychology
- Zero waste events and “Living Atrium” projects at the UBC Faculty of Forestry
Contact us today at email@example.com for more information about the Workplace Sustainability Fund application process, or projects funded to date.
Other Funding Opportunities
UBC students, staff, faculty, and residents may also be eligible for other sources of funding for initiatives supporting environmental and social sustainability, including: