UBC offers a range of funding opportunities to students, staff, faculty and residents for initiatives that support environmental and social sustainability. Find one that can help you make a difference.
AMS SUSTAINABILITY PROJECTS FUND
The AMS Sustainability Projects Fund encourages an environmentally conscious culture by funding student-led projects that reduce our campus community’s ecological footprint.
Past projects have received up to $10,000 in funding and all UBC students are encouraged to apply.
AMS INNOVATIVE PROJECTS FUND
The AMS Innovative Projects fund supports students, faculty and staff working on projects that benefit students and develop the campus community. Past projects include media initiatives and new student services.
EQUITY ENHANCEMENT FUND
The Equity Enhancement Fund supports community-based initiatives that:
- Build student, faculty, and staff competencies and understanding related to issues of equity, diversity and inclusion through community-engaged activities
- Promote a respectful environment at UBC through education, dialogue and community engagement
- Benefit the representation or experiences of historically disadvantaged groups within the UBC community
GRants for community projects
Transform an idea into action and get funding to make it happen, with support from the Centre for Community Engaged Learning.
The Connect to Community Grant and Chapman and Innovation Grants offer UBC undergraduate and graduate students funding for partnerships with a BC-based community organizations.
GREEN LABS FUND
Do you have a creative idea to make your lab or research activity more sustainable? Your innovative plan could make you the next recipient of up to $4,000.
The Green Labs Fund is available to researchers from both our Okanagan and Vancouver campuses. All UBC staff, faculty and students are eligible to apply.
HEALTHY WORKPLACE INITIATIVE FUND
The Healthy Workplace Initiatives Program supports UBC departments with grassroots activities that promote wellbeing in the workplace.
The program provides start-up funds and support for health-related and sustainability initiatives including yoga or fitness classes, building a community garden, or investing in mental health training.
INTERDISCIPLINARY EDUCATION GRANTS
The Interdisciplinary Education Grants program supports UBC Vancouver faculty members who wish to build or refine curriculum for a sustainability issue that demands an interdisciplinary approach.
Grants are awarded for a either a one-year or two-year period. Proposals for up to $10,000 per year are accepted. To apply, you must submit a proposal with another faculty member from a different Faculty, Department or discipline.
UBC STUDENT ENVIRONMENT CENTRE FUND
The UBC Student Environment Centre Fund supports local grassroots initiatives with programs, campaigns and events that:
- Relate to sustainability or environmental issues, on or off campus.
- Are open to all UBC students.
- Strive towards zero waste or minimal waste.
- Educate the community on socio-environmental topics.
- Exemplify forward thinking sustainable practices.
UBC SUSTAINABILITY REVOLVING LOAN FUND
The Sustainability Revolving Fund provides a minimum loan of $10,000 for projects or equipment upgrades that support UBC’s sustainability goals by reducing the consumption of energy, water or other resources.
UTOWN @ UBC COMMUNITY GRANTS
UTown@UBC Community Grants award up to $1,000 for projects on campus or in the Musqueam community that:
- Foster social vibrancy and connectedness
- Encourage community-led engagement and capacity-building
- Create fun and unique opportunities for you to learn about your community
WORKPLACE SUSTAINABILITY FUND
The Workplace Sustainability Fund awards UBC Sustainability Coordinators with up to $1,000 to support sustainability initiatives in their units that address at least one of the following:
- Energy Conservation and Efficiency
- Zero Waste
- Water Conservation
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Sustainable Transportation