Employment opportunities that relate to sustainability may be found across many of our faculties, departments, and student groups. At UBC’s Sustainability Initiative, we curate some of these opportunities below, and recommend you check UBC’s Staff and Faculty careers website regularly.
Through paid, on-campus work opportunities UBC students are able to develop professional skills while pursuing their education and contributing to campus sustainability.
On-campus work experiences enrich and complement course-based learning. They enable you to benefit from mentorship opportunities, expand your network, develop new skills, and take on new responsibilities.
Work Learn positions for summer 2019 are open for application. The deadline to apply is March 19, 2019.
Campus + Community Planning
- Climate Planning Coordinator
- Green Building Action Plan Research Assistant
- SEEDS Sustainability Program Coordinator
- Sustainability Engagement Program Assistant
- Active Transportation Program Assistant
UBC Sustainability Initiative
- Stadium Neighbourhood Research Assistant
- Sustainable Water Research Assistant
- Mass Timber Project Assistant
- Zero Emission Buildings Research Assistant
UBC Climate Hub Initiative
UBC Staff opportunities that support sustainability include activities related to operations, teaching, learning, research, communications, engagement and community development
Check back regularly for new opportunities as they become available.
- Green Labs Energy and Water Programs Coordinator (Campus + Community Planning) JOB ID: 32924 – Deadline March 12, 2019
Post-doctoral fellowships and other opportunities for qualified academics to apply their expertise to applied research in support of UBC’s Sustainability Initiative.
As research opportunities evolve, UBC’s Sustainability Initiative may offer a number of research-based roles. Check back regularly for more opportunities as they become available.
- No opportunities at present.