How do we work together to turn a passion for sustainability into personal learning and action on campus? By building up your own skills, competencies, and experiences.
The Sustainability Ambassadors program strives to deliver an immersive sustainability leadership experience for UBC students by offering opportunities for critical and creative engagement in sustainability issues while practicing the skills and competencies needed for practical implementation.
Through training and peer-group learning, you’ll be ready to come up with new engagement opportunities, create innovative projects and events, and be role models of sustainability leadership on campus.
We will work together with you in three key areas.
1. Engaging in personal and professional skill development
- Develop sustainability competencies and professional development skills in areas including communication, teamwork, project and event management, social and community organization, systems thinking, initiative and motivation, and adaptability
- Actively engage in opportunities that are a part of the curriculum of leadership development, such as facilitation and conflict management
2. Creating and offering sustainability programming to UBC students across campus
- Contribute to sustainability on campus by engaging students in educational activities and events
- Engage with faculty and community partners to deliver sustainability programming to UBC students
3. Role modeling outstanding student leadership on campus
- Embrace the role as an ambassador for student leadership at UBC – be a leader in sustainability on campus and within your department
- Contribute to an environment at UBC that is dedicated to excellence, equity, and mutual respect
- Learn and understand the Social Change Model of Leadership Development in terms of the individual, the group and the community, and how this cycle applies to the workings of the Ambassadors group, and sustainability in general