With more places to safely store bicycles, cycling is one of the fastest and most enjoyable ways to travel to and around UBC. Committed to supporting sustainability on and beyond campus, UBC is continually upgrading and expanding on-road infrastructure and end-of-trip facilities for those commuting by bike. Secure bike parking is free with racks available throughout the campus. Showers and lockers for cyclists are also available at several locations.
UBC wants to be ahead of the pack in the 2012 Vancouver Area Cycling Coalition’s Bike to Work Week (B2WW) challenge. It’s a great opportunity to try cycling, demonstrate commitment to the environment and UBC’s sustainability goals.
If you are planning to cycle during B2WW, watch out for Celebration Stations located across Metro Vancouver. Load up on refreshments, get free bike check-ups and enter to win draw prizes. UBC’s Transportation Planning staff will be braving the weather, rain or shine, at our own celebration station to say thanks for cycling.
UBC’s Free Cycling Skills Training Course
Get ready for B2WW by participating in a free cycling skills training course.
UBC’s Celebration Station:
- Wednesday, May 30th from 4pm to 6:30pm
- Location: University Blvd, west of Mahony and Son’s.
- Support from the HUB with Ethical Bean coffee and granola bars from UBC Food Services.
- FREE BBQ with beef and veggie burgers plus a drink for the first 200 participants! A special thanks to Mahony and Son’s for their support!
- Stromer Bikes providing demo’s of their amazing electric bicycles
- CiTR Radio to pump the jams and get you pumped to cycle.
- Bike Repair from the AMS Bike Kitchen and a group ride leaving at 6:30pm from the Celebration Station
- Prizes from campus partners; Mahony and Son’s, Save-On Foods, UBC Food Services and Urban Racks!