Benefits of the SSN
As a member of the network, you receive the following benefits:
- Information on sustainability-related volunteer opportunities that you can respond to directly
- Work experience and professional development opportunities through volunteering
- Notice of UBC Sustainability events
- Free entry to UBC Reads Sustainability Events
- Invitation to SSN networking events or trainings, as they are offered
- Ability to apply to book a meeting room at CIRS (limited availability) by emailing us a request with the goals of your meeting and how they relate to enhancing sustainability on campus and 2 possible meeting times. *Note: Please apply at least 4 weeks prior to your meeting date.
- Subscription to the UBC Sustainability Newsletter
Call for Applications - Student Sustainability Network: Conference Support
UBC's Sustainability Initiative is excited to offer the Student Sustainability Network (SSN) members the opportunity to apply for funding to attend a sustainability-related conference. To apply, you must identify your chosen conference and complete an application form, indicating expected expenses and your interest in attending the conference. Funding up to $500 will primarily support the conference fee, but you may also request other conference-related expenses.
Apply by November 30th, 2018 for the conference happening between January - April 2019.