See what graduate programs you can take to expand your skills and knowledge in a specific area of sustainability.
UBC offers research-based and professional graduate sustainability programs. Research-based graduate programs are thesis-based. Professional programs are course-based and do not require a thesis. Instead, they often include capstone projects and work placements.
Below we’ve curated some examples of professional and research-based graduate programs that are frequently chosen by students interested in sustainability.
GRADUATE PROGRAMS BY faculty
- Master of Engineering in Mining Engineering (Mining sustainability and the environment) (MEng)
- Master of Engineering Leadership in Clean Energy Engineering (MEL)
- Master of Engineering Leadership in High Performance Buildings (MEL)
- Master of Engineering Leadership in Integrated Water Management (MEL)
- Master of Engineering Leadership in Sustainable Process Engineering (MEL)
- Master of Engineering Leadership in Urban Systems (MEL)
Land and Food Systems
- Doctor of Philosophy in Integrated Studies in Land and Food Systems (PhD)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Soil Science (PhD)
- Master of Food and Resource Economics (MFRE)
- Master of Land and Water Systems (MLWS)
- Master of Science in Integrated Studies in Land and Food Systems (MSc)
- Master of Science in Soil Science (MSc)
Create your own interdisciplinary graduate degree
Are you a highly motivated and qualified graduate student willing and able to steer your own independent course?
At UBC, you can find a researcher in your area of sustainability, or create your own interdisciplinary graduate degree based on a sustainability research question.